Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Ponder This - Why Wood?

I was asked by a fellow blog writer to answer the question, "Why Wood?". Why not use some other medium to express myself. That got me thinking pretty hard. The answer I came up with was this.

Why wood?

To me, it is a connection to the past. My family history and the history of this great nation.

And at the same time it is my connection to the future. To build things that will outlast me. To be remembered for something, be it great or small.

I'm thankful for the talents I have been blessed with and I'm happiest when the results make someone's day.

Here is a sneak peek at a small Cherry box that I hope will make someone's day.

This will be featured in my Etsy shop when it gets closer to Valentine's Day.

Enjoy Life!

David J. Ulschmid
Craftsman / Designer
Wisp Woods
Arlington, SD

No comments: